Spring is around the corner already!? Here in the Northeast we’re already seeing little hints that Spring is on its way. I love listening to the birds singing and the hint of warmer weather today helps us reconnect to Nature. Spring is one of my favorite seasons for obvious reasons of the blossoming of nature and perhaps because I’m an Aries born smack dab in the middle of Spring.
I have exciting news for those of you awaiting my videos. I’ve FINALLY recorded a few videos for your viewing pleasure. I have a Gentle Yoga session and two unique Meditations to help you reconnect with your Soul. In one of my meditations, my kitty, Cocoa, rests next to me the entire time. A gift of cat energy for you. I truly hope you find more peace from these videos and would love to hear your feedback. To view click here and go to my YouTube channel where you can, also, subscribe and choose to be notified when I upload new videos. Please let me know what you would like me to offer in my next set of videos and I will do my best to make it happen as time allows and as the energy resonates for the essence of the light I am meant to share with all of you.
Don’t forget I have a new facebook page that I would love if you could check out and “Like”! 🙂
It is my desire that you enjoy this month’s Inspire You Article below, Make It a Ritual, the Yoga Pose of the Month and this month’s question for my Dear Maggie column, Energy Is Heating Up. Feel free to pass this newsletter on to anyone that may benefit. I am so grateful for your referrals, business and presence.
Energy Healings & Psychic Readings
Available by Appointment: Phone or In-person
Schedule Today: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reiki I Certification
Date: March 18, 2017
Time: 10a.m. | $150
Location: Maggie’s Bliss Healing Space, Lincoln, RI
RSVP Today: email@example.com
IET Basic Level Certification
Date: May 13, 2017
Time: 9:30a.m. | $195
Location: Maggie’s Bliss Healing Space, Lincoln, RI
RSVP Today: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gentle Yoga Flow
Location: The Woods Yoga, Lincoln, RI
Location: The Woods Yoga, Lincoln, RI
Gentle Yoga Flow
Date & Time: Monday’s, 5:30-6:30p.m.
Date & Time: Tuesday’s, 12:20-1p.m.
Location: YMCA, Smithfield, RI
More to come in 2017. Keep checking back on my calendar page.
Inspire You Article
Make It a Ritual
Add Magic to Your Meditation
Become Master Manifester or simply bring more Peace to your life (or both). Meditation allows you to see things more clearly. While you’re at it, you can make it more powerful by making it a ritual. Yes making it a dedicated daily practice, but by ritual I am speaking to a powerful ancient tradition that you can include with your meditation process.
On its own meditation is healing and powerful. Meditation is my medicine, my life and my path. It’s how I stay connected to my soul and light; as my expression in this life. I wrote about my own recent journey with meditation a bit more in last month’s newsletter.
And when I include this magical ritual process with my meditations I’ve noticed that I’m able to connect more deeply and receive more powerful results. It feels more sacred. I am filled with reverence, energy, love, magic, gratitude and peace. The layers of correspondence work together for a powerful synergistic effect. There is always magic if you listen.
Ritual has been and is practiced in Native American traditions, Paganism, Shamanism, etc. There is a reason it crosses many faiths. Our soul craves the reverence in ritual and the divine connection that occurs when we call in and work with all the elements in ritual format.
Empower Your Meditations for Deeper Peace and Manifestation
You can enhance your meditations by bringing all four Elements and four Cardinal Directions into your sacred journeys. You don’t always have to do this, but this is a way to bring more powerful energies into your deep connections as you go within. My favorite thing to do in a pinch is to hold a crystal of my choice and get blissfully quiet in meditation.
You can do one or all of the four elements. Whatever is calling to you in the moment. A full ritual process can deepen your connection to Source/God/Goddess/Divine/Creator. Just the process of setting up for meditation is a journey of self-exploration, tapping deeper into your intuition and calling in higher energies to assist with the power of your connection in meditation.
Offering this option in a group setting is very powerful as well. The energy is synergistic and builds upon itself! I’ve seen intentions set in group happen overnight for myself and others. So be careful what you wish for, as they say! 🙂
- Smudge: It’s important to smudge/cleanse the area where you will be meditating and/or having ritual. It’s also important to simply do this once or several times a day in your home (office, etc.) whenever you feel the need. Smudging is often done with White Sage. White Sage is a cleansing smudge that removes negative lower vibrational energies from the area. White Sage is also antibacterial so it’s great in your home especially during flu season. You can learn more about protection and how to smudge with my article here: http://maggiesbliss.com/offerings/protection/. I sage my home at least once a day. In a pinch you can simply smudge yourself and begin. It’s best to focus on your hands and feet as that is where energy is constantly coming in and leaving your body. I like to make sure it goes through my entire aura front and back and take a nice deep breath of the beautiful scent. If you don’t like sage or are allergic there are alternatives, like Palo Santo (also antimicrobial) and more. White Sage is number one on my list. You can also create or purchase Sage mists/sprays when you can’t use the sage smoke or simply don’t prefer sage smoke.
- What I do every single time, before beginning any meditation is surround myself with a bubble love and light and call in my guides, angels, archangels, deities of choice, God/Goddess/Divine for protection during my meditation and to assist me in receiving any messages I need for my highest and best good always. If you are a Reiki practitioner you might include your process for turning the Reiki On as well. I also have a fast invocation I say three times as part of my first step:I invoke the light of the Spirit here within,
I am a clear and perfect channel for the Divine,
I am love. I am light.
- Ground. There are many ways to ground. One is to imaging your feet have tree roots embedding themselves deep into the Earth; nourishing you as you send down all that no longer serves you. The last and very important point in this article Success through Kundalini Symptoms is where you can find out more about grounding methods.
- Create/Cast a circle. A circle is helpful for protection and creating a sacred space for the work you will do in this meditation and/or ritual. Whether you are working in a group setting or simply solitary in meditation, it’s helpful to surround yourself and the group with a circle of light at this point. Begin in the East in a clockwise direction. Here are a few of ways you can do this:
a. You can designate a wand (perhaps simply a Selenite wand) as your circle opener & closer. Hold that wand or simply your finger and imagine a beam of white light flowing out as you begin in the East/Fire direction going clockwise three times around the circle (the entire group). What you might say while envisioning the circle (or physically drawing the circle on the ground) is: “This circle is now open. Any energies of positive or negative that would do me/us harm are not allowed to cross this circle.” There are so many sayings and variations online that you can research or simply say what feels right. You may again fortify the circle by requesting your angels to assist, etc. Follow your intuition. (When closing the circle you will go counterclockwise/widdershins).
b. In a group setting, whether it’s online or in person: You can imagine a beam of light 4-6” in diameter in your left hand; warming and tingling your hand. Give it a texture, a temperature – really feel it. Imagine this white beam of light flowing into the right hand of the person next to you, flowing into their chakras/energy centers and body and out their left hand to the next person. Watch it make its way across the entire circle and all the way around back to you into your right hand, flowing into your energy centers and connecting the circle. This is a beautiful vision from Athena with Sage Goddess.
c. Another visual is to take that beam of light imagining it flowing around the circle clockwise, flowing faster and faster into a beautiful spiral of energy flowing up to the center and down to the center, eventually filling up the circle in a bubble of white light that makes a perfect circle in diameter into the sky and into the Earth.
- Calling on the Four Cardinal Directions and Elements: Guardians of the [Begin CLOCKWISE in the East, element of Air; South, element of Fire; West, element of Water; and North, element of Earth;], we welcome you to our circle. Thank you for being here and holding our circle.For the Element of Air (Direction of East),as I said the smoke from lighting sage brings in the element of Air as it floats around and perhaps you utilize a smudging fan made of feathers which is again air. Incense taps the divine sense of smell and the element of Air and Fire. Scents go very deep to our ancient roots. We don’t always know why we feel the way we do, but it brings us back to that time and place of perhaps divine magic.For the Element of Fire (Direction of South), light a candle. Also, your smudging action prior to beginning meditation (and after as I highly recommend you do for cleansing the air and energies) will bring in the element of Earth, Air and Fire. The sage bundle itself is Earth-based and the lighting is Fire. The smoke is Air. If you use a shell common for holding sage bundles, this brings in the element of water. So you’ve brought in all four element in one action. 🙂 (((Link to smudging article)))To include the Element of Water (Direction of West), you may choose to use essential oils like lavender for calm or an elixir blend of oils for your goals. Again, I find beautiful magical benefits from Sage Goddess’s Perfume blends that are made with magical intention. Another option for water, you can use water you’ve charged under the full moon and sun during full moon days. You can charge the water by adding particular crystals to the water that will not break down in water. You may choose a bowl of water with salt to help cleanse the area around you as you meditate.For Earth energy (Direction of North), holding a crystal (or several griding your body; perhaps laying over certain chakras correlating to your intention for the ritual) during meditation is powerful. Each crystal has a meaning and purpose all its own and can enhance what your goal is during the meditation, whether it’s just to be more peaceful, connect with your spirit guides and angels, receive Divine healing, receive Divine messages from Source, or would like to manifest something with intention during your meditation. For example, quartz crystals are high vibrational and enhance the energy around you while being a divine clearing agent. Rose quartz has a goal of bringing in unconditional love to the bearer. Green quartz brings in healing, etc. Amethyst is one of my all-time favorites. Amethyst is great for enhancing your intuition, psychic abilities, clarity of thought. It’s great for clearing your 3rd eye. Selenite for light. Black tourmaline for grounding, clearing and protection. There are so many crystals, there’s no time in my article to go over them all. There are several hundred books and recourses you can look into online. Two great sources I find authentic and true for me are: Sagegoddess.com and HibiscusMoonCrystalAcademy.com. Do go to the sources that feel right to you always. Your soul always knows the truth.To bring in spirit, for your meditation, perhaps you include something that connects you to your Divine Source. Perhaps a picture or a figurine of an angel, deity, God, Goddess or Divine. Whatever that is for YOU is perfect. Or simply calling them in may be more than enough for you to feel Spirits presence.
- At this point, begin the meditation or ritual as you intended. Meditate and enjoy the beautiful energies building within you (and your group).A few tips on meditation/ritual: Get comfortable. Roll your shoulders back. Elongate your spine allowing you to breathe more deeply and align your chakra centers to receive energy more fully and completely within. Take a few deep breaths to begin. Relaxing. Settling in. Meditate on thoughts flowing in and out. Truly what we think about, we feel. And it becomes energy manifested into our body and our life experiences around us. We create it. We allow it. In meditation you can ask, “What am I allowing into my life? What am I creating?” And if you are not enjoying your life and wellbeing, perhaps you can then ask, “What in my thoughts, actions and way of being can shift so I can allow more uplifting experiences and wellbeing into my life?” As you breathe and get quiet, the messages and answers will come to you. Your soul always knows the truth.All of this is being healthier within yourself. As you are doing the work within, getting quiet and listening daily, you become more naturally healthy and do not manifest dis-ease in your body. We are human. It’s a lifetime process. Don’t be hard on yourself. You are perfect as you are right now.Meditation helps you learn the art of surrender. To have trust and faith in what is happening at present. Take a step back and allow what is there to be there by taking a breath. Meditation creates space. As you breathe in meditation you are getting better centered and are able to step back and bare witness to what is happening in any given moment. You can take that moment to hear what needs to be heard from within; from your intuition. Solutions to situations come more easily and you can more easily accept what cannot be changed.Perhaps it’s simply a way of viewing the world around you. Perhaps you’ve become jaded and bitter to life. So your thoughts and actions reflect that barrier around you. Perhaps you can step back, breathe and along a new perception to take hold of what is occurring. We can never know all the intricacies of life and the Universe. A shift in your perception creates shift in your reality.Getting present with your breath is key to meditation! Your breath is always in the present moment. Just by focusing on your breath you bring your awareness back to present; no longer worrying about the past or the future. Just being here right now, breathing. Practicing the many breathwork techniques out there will help. I’ve recently posted a video with a few of those helpful breathing techniques along with a chakra meditation. You can find that videos here, and also subscribe to my youtube channel and choose to be notified for the future meditations and yoga videos I will offer. However, just simply taking deep cleansing breaths is enough to get you back to present; full and complete once again. “You know your spiritual practice has deepened, when you start to love hearing the sound of your breath outside your body. When your breath breathes you.” ~ Athena April 2015 talking about a quote from one of her teachers Meditation is all about releasing your own self-imposed limitations (whether consciously or sub-consciously). It’s about removing those layers and uncovering what’s always been there. Your light and love within. Your true Divine Essence.As Rumi so eloquently stated, “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.“
- Gratitude and Appreciation. A powerful high frequency. Once you’ve completed your meditation give thanks. Thank your guides and Angels and all you called in who were present with you for your meditation ritual. It’s nice to note that the more you truly feel and ARE in those higher vibrations of love and gratitude, the more you attract people, experiences and energies of that same frequency.
- Release the energies of the circle. Envision circle counterclockwise/widdershins from where you began. We began in the East, so to finish start at North and finish in the East once again. If you created this circle with the group vision I mentioned above, you can then imagine the circle being released from your being to your right hand and then into the left hand of the person next to you, until it makes its way all the way around the circle counterclockwise and back into your left hand. Once it reaches your left hand, turn your left hand down facing the Earth; sending the energy cultivated during ritual into the Earth for transmutation and release. You never want to hold on to the energy of the circle. It must be released to the Universe. Often as energy workers, if you hold onto that energy it will manifest as extra weight in the body. Energy is energy. It can never be destroyed; only transmuted into other things.
- Release the elements and four directions counterclock/widdershins from North/Earth all the way back to East/Air. It can be a simple phrase releasing all directions and elements. Or you can make it an elaborate eloquent release. If going simple, perhaps simply saying, “Thank you North element of Earth for being and holding our circle, we release you from our circle, Thank you West element of Water for being and holding our circle, we release you from our circle, Thank you South; element of Fire for being and holding our circle; we release you from our circle, and Thank you East element of Air for being and holding our circle; we release you from our circle.” Namaste, Amen, Aho and So It Is.
As you practice the art of ritual you’ll find that having an Altar (a sacred place for all of the tools you will need) is a great way to enhance your intentions. An altar can simply be where you have all of your tools in one location: your crystals, sage, candles, smudge fan, deity statues, etc. It can also include a beautiful crystal grid that aligns with your intention of specific ritual you are doing. An altar is a powerful way to bring in and hold the sacred energy of the ritual. I will get into altars in a future article. 🙂
Again, you do not have to go into every meditation with this ritual format, but it’s a nice powerful way to deepen your connection. You can simply call in the four quarters with their element and enjoy feeling the energy flow that allows you to feel held during your meditation.
Give it a try and see what resonates for you. You can simply lay or sit still in silence; connecting to your heart and soul. You may choose incense, music or simply silence. Practicing your meditation outside is extremely powerful and very simply. You are with all the elements. You and Nature are truly one. We are connected to nature. As you do this outside there is much power and connection. Enjoy! There are many paths and all lead to the same.
You may begin to notice as you practice this ritual format for meditation that you are able to connect more deeply and receive more powerful results. That is truth for me. It feels more sacred. I am filled with reverence, energy, love, gratitude and peace.
Click here to submit *your* question for the Dear Maggie Column
Got a question for ya!! I started doing qigong about 4 weeks ago. Now weird(er!) things are happening. Lights are turning on. Toys w dead batteries are turning on. My alarm clock added a 2nd alarm & the radio turned on (I didn’t even know it HAD a radio because I don’t see any buttons for *radio* just the wake up light & nature sounds!) I couldn’t even figure out how to turn it off & had to finally just unplug the darn thing. This happened after we started the pattern called *piercing heaven & earth*. This particular pattern made me feel *on fire* energetically. Could it be the qigong? This is so strange. I hope it settles down soon.
Good news it IS “normal” energy stuff! You wrote that you were on fire. I feel like it was a buildup of some great energy! That’s awesome. I love qigong and still need to learn more. I’m teaching IET and there’s a process in there that is similar to a qigong method that I’ve practiced as well. It’s all interconnected.
Grounding is definitely a daily necessity for sure. That’s going to help release excess energy. Ways to ground: Yoga, exercise, eating meat or heavy things, chocolate, visuals like being a tree and allowing roots to go down deep into the earth and sending excess through there, etc.
You’ll find more balance with the visualizing of grounding especially when you can’t be outside to ground in nature. Be the tree or simply send down cords from your feet to the crystal core center of earth. Allow that light filled center to fill you up and take all that you send it as well. Good stuff. I have a few more grounding ideas as the last section in this helpful article: http://maggiesbliss.com/offerings/successthroughsymptoms/.
Oh another awesome thing to do is Energy Shaking. A common practice among qi gong folks. As you move your body you keep the energy flowing. Not moving causing stagnancy in your physical body as well as the energy within it. Here’s the article I wrote on how to do Energy Shaking along with Kim eng’s helpful story about Energy Shaking: http://maggiesbliss.com/offerings/energyshaking/.
I hope this helps!
Yoga Pose of the Month
Sanskrit: Paripurna Navasana
Images of Maggie Anderson taken by Maggie
Boat pose is the perfect pose for warming up the core as well as working on our posture. It can be modified for less strain or if your working towards a strong core or already have one you can power up this pose. There are many variations to help you progress through this pose. So it’s all about getting out of your ego. It’s not about what someone else is doing. It’s about where you are in your body and listening to that. If you can’t get into this pose with a long straight spine then you’ve gone too far into it too fast. Work your way up with balance. Let go and allow your body to generate strength over time. To hold this pose, tapping into our breath is key. Since breath is our prana life force energy at work, it truly energizes you to hold this longer, focus on alignment and come into and out of this pose (and all poses) with grace. Our core is our foundation to all movement, so it’s helpful to keep it healthy and strong. Working with Boat pose allows us to do just that.
Directions on how to come into the pose:
I like to start Boat pose first by coming into the Baddha Konasana (Butterfly) as shown on the left. Next month I will dive deeper into this pose. 🙂 Simply put, you place the soles of your feet together, knees splaying out, spine straight, hands can hold your toes or take your thumbs to the inside on the balls of the feet to open them up a little. This is our resting pose. We will come into this pose throughout the Boat pose variations to rest, re-center and align ourselves.
From this position, let’s straighten our legs a little with knees bent and close together. Feet on the floor. Bring hands behind you about 4 inches or so with fingers pointing towards the feet. Then inhale, extending the spine, thinking good posture, exhale and let’s lean back with our upper body, keeping our back in good straight alignment. From here, inhale and on your exhale lift the legs up off the floor so they are parallel to the floor, knees still bent. Already you will start to feel the core heating up and working. Be sure your back is not rounding. You’ll be sitting centered on what yogajournal.com calls the “tripod” of your two sitting bones and your tailbone.
Begin now and stretch your arms out alongside your legs, parallel to the floor. Breathe deeply. Strong core. If holding arms out is too much yet, you may hold the backs of your thighs or place the hands back down behind you till you grow stronger, and I promise you that if you continue to work with this pose, you *will* grow stronger. Tip the chin down slightly towards the chest, in order to lift the bottom of the skull lightly away from the neck. You have the option to splay out your arms shoulder height, extending both away from your body and each other. This is a bit more challenging.
The extra variation to challenge the legs and core more, is to straighten the legs up to the sky at the angle as shown above (about 45 degrees), again while keeping a nice straight spine.
The next option is holding hands together in front slightly above your legs in temple mudra hands (fingers clasped and index fingers pointing pressed together). When taking this variation, you may also want to pulse with your breathe. You may take an inhale as you extend the legs straight out and leaning further back with your upper body, back still straight, exhale bend your knees and come back in with your upper body. Inhaling as you flow out, and exhaling as you flow in. This is a beautiful practice with the breath.
Each of these variations can be worked up to holding for 10-20 seconds at first in hold variations and working your way up from there, with breaks in the Butterfly pose I spoke about at the beginning. Your breaks can be 3 to 5 rounds of breathing. Then go again for three or four different variations to see what you resonate with most. And change it up each day or week that you practice this pose.
To come out completely, slide yourself back into Butterfly pose, breathe, relax and close your eyes.
When not to do this pose or to modify / Contraindications:
Some possible reasons to rethink doing this pose may or may not be: Asthma, Diarrhea, Headache, Heart Problems, Insomnia, Low blood pressure, Menstruation, Pregnancy. I say may or may not because for some of these, this pose can probably help a little. Use your own judgment and intuition. If you have a neck injury sit with your back near a wall to perform this pose. As you tilt your torso back rest the back of your head on the wall.
Check out my calendar for group yoga classes dates and time.
Have You Read:
How I found My True Inner Peace or Divine Embrace?
Please leave a review on Amazon for us! Help spread the word, everyone can tap into their Soul and achieve true inner peace.
“Hi Maggie. Your first book has helped me so much to balance and shift my energies. I had some displaced anger and it helped me work through it. My life is so much better since reading your book. Looking forward to reading the second book. Thank you.” ~ Jane
Click here to purchase your copy today
“I thank you for what you wrote, It’s been an amazing journey so far. I found comfort in reading them almost 7 months after my awakening. It’s been a road alright. I am ever so grateful for finding your words of caution & comfort.” ~ Contessa
Bliss Healing List 🙂
Check out my Bliss Healing Page
I offer a free Bliss Healing List for anyone who requests it. Every day I send healing energy with the intention of blissful healing connections to all who ask. If you sign up for my FREE newsletter you are automatically signed up! You can sign up for my newsletter and/or the bliss list via email or my Contact Form. It’s always FREE. Go to my Bliss List page to learn more and feel the healing vibes from this new page!. 🙂
It is my desire and intention always that you take away from my newsletter feelings of empowerment, aliveness, divine connection and peace. May You Always Know the Peace that Dwells Within.
CYT, RMT, IET-MI, CSC, CPLC
Empowering you through Yoga, Healing & Workshops
Maggie’s Bliss YouTube Channel
“Follow Your Bliss. It’s Your Spiritual Compass.”