- Focuses personal attention
- Poses that work directly for your body and what you would like to or need to work on
- Assists in developing a personal yoga practice from home
- Is also great for developing poses that will assist you in working better in a group class format
- Useful for individuals who have special health concerns or injuries or those who want to practice yoga at home
Common goals of private instruction
Private clients typically have one of 3 goals:
- Home Practice Development: Practicing at home is a useful and a cost effective supplement to group classes at a studio. Students frequently want to practice yoga more often than they can come to group classes. A home practice consultation includes evaluation of your personal goals, strategizing how to make your practice consistent, and a written practice plan. Maggie guides you through the practice once so you leave familiar with how to practice on your own safely and effectively. Home practice consultations are most effective when done in conjunction with group yoga classes. There is a powerful synergistic energy of participating in group yoga classes. 🙂
- Personalized Yoga Coaching: Group class students frequently benefit from personalized help to deepen their yoga practice. Coaching sessions include feedback on how to properly perform yoga postures and adaptations for the client’s individual goals and body. Students who have attended coaching sessions report that the sessions help them make huge strides in improving their yoga practice.
- Special Needs Instruction: Some individuals have needs that are not met by group classes. Maggie works one on one with students who have a variety of needs. Examples of client issues include: Stress management, sports training, managing menopausal symptoms, arthritis, infertility, cancer recovery, Cerebral Palsy, and Multiple Sclerosis. Maggie also works with individuals with neck, back, and other acute and chronic physical injuries.Special needs instruction is best when done in a series of at least 4 sessions. Many students have a workable plan after 4 sessions. Others may prefer to continue working one on one with Maggie.
The current fee schedule is below, and is subject to change:
- Single private yoga instruction: $100 per hour
- Book 4 or more sessions in advance: $80 per hour
- Private yoga instruction at your home: $125 per hour
- Semi-private (2 – 3 people) yoga classes: $125 per hour
(call for a quote for larger groups or onsite classes)
Number of sessions needed varies, depending on experience and goals of student. Call for an estimate.
To schedule an appointment
To schedule an appointment, simply email Maggie at email@example.com. Maggie will work with you to find a time that meets your scheduling needs. Weekend and some evening appointments are available.
See calendar for group yoga classes dates and time.
Insurance Coverage, Health Care Reimbursement Accounts, and Annual Dollars
Check with your health care insurance provider to see if Yoga sessions are covered depending upon doctor recommendations and your health. If you are a Preferred Care Member, check to see if your plan includes the HealthDollars Program. If your health care insurance provider does not cover the cost of private Yoga sessions at this time*, check with your Health Care Reimbursement Account (Flexible Spending Account) provider. You may be able to use pre-tax dollars to pay for private Yoga sessions. It may be under the category of energy modalities and you may need to submit a physician’s statement.
*Alternative therapies are becoming recognized by health care insurance providers as part of a wellness program. If your provider currently does not provide coverage, continue to check back with your provider for changes in their policies. And always, include your suggestions of added services to your provider for their consideration.