A quick yoga update: I will be teaching a morning Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at Crossfit LifeBlood here in Cumberland, RI starting this Sunday, Feburary 21st! Great offering for members! Hope to see you there. Let’s get our blissful stretch on!
A reminder that I have a new facebook page that I would love if you could check out and “Like”! 🙂 As you peruse my new website, you’ll see a slightly different look and feel. Most pages are now working. I need to update my yoga poses library and my previous newsletters. My old website home will be up and running for a short time longer until I am 100% updated in my new home here. I hope you enjoy all my offerings!
It is my desire that you enjoy this month’s Inspire You Article below, Bliss in the Storm, the Yoga Pose of the Month and this month’s question for my Dear Maggie column, Magickal Potions Are Real.
Have You Read:
How I found My True Inner Peace or Divine Embrace?
Please leave a review on Amazon for us! Help spread the word, everyone can tap into their Soul and achieve true inner peace.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY – Testimonials
“Hi Maggie. Your first book has helped me so much to balance and shift my energies. I had some displaced anger and it helped me work through it. My life is so much better since reading your book. Looking forward to reading the second book. Thank you.” ~ Jane
Click here to purchase your copy today
“I thank you for what you wrote, It’s been an amazing journey so far. I found comfort in reading them almost 7 months after my awakening. It’s been a road alright. I am ever so grateful for finding your words of caution & comfort.” ~ Contessa
Bliss Healing List 🙂
Check out my Bliss Healing Page
I offer a free Bliss Healing List for anyone who requests it. Every day I send healing energy with the intention of blissful healing connections to all who ask. If you sign up for my FREE newsletter you are automatically signed up! You can sign up for my newsletter and/or the bliss list via email or my Contact Form. It’s always FREE. Go to my Bliss List page to learn more and feel the healing vibes from this new page!. 🙂
Inspire You Article
Bliss in the Storm
The inspiration for this newsletter came on a more right before a winter storm and right after that storm. I heard beautiful birds in the morning. I heard one bird and immediately my spirits were lifted; a smile on my face! Listening to them…on the day after a storm. Pretty amazing! Hearing them through the window and cracking open that window and listening to them (even with hubby’s protests of frigid temperatures, teehee) just makes my heart feel more connected, at peace, blissful.
“The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.” ~ Rumi
This reminded me of those metaphoric storms at work, for me being so busy and so chaotic at work (and still being more fulfilled with what I’m accomplishing there) but still needed my balance; my bliss; that connection to feel like I am whole instead of overworked and tired. It’s time to find that, especially in the dead of winter (especially for those of us in the northeast) needing to connect and find that bliss so that we’re not feeling those seasonal depression blue’s and just blah-ness that can come up because we can’t get outside as much. Not having nature to connect with. But if we could just bundle up and get out in nature for even just five minutes a day, get connected for a few minutes in the morning and then doing what we can in the warmth like meditating, conscious breathing techniques, yoga, etc., all those things that connect us. So finding that! What makes your heart sing more than anything and just doing that; chasing that as much as you can! To keep and/or bring back that connection.
This brings me to March 5’ish, where there is another energy flux happening. This is getting us closer to that 5D reality while still living in the 3D World (so that we still get to experience the five senses until we shed our physical bodies). This message of March 5th channeled by Michael Love connecting to ArchAngel Michael. He talks about us hitting that 5D connection.
Knowing this beautiful energy is coming is more incentive to reconnect again to our soul. Do those things that bring you connection. Do them NOW. Then when these energy shift days hit, you’re going to feel them even more deeply and more profoundly. You will feel it even more deeply since you’ll already be connected!
Mostly we are here to enjoy and find out bliss! What is that for you. I dare you to dive deep into yourself and ALLOW yourself to imagine what that means for you. Visualize that beautiful peace deep inside and what it looks like in your life. Just by doing this you are tapping into the Universe, reconnecting those pathways and allow that energy to go out there as your “request”! It comes back to you by the Law of Attraction. Believe it. See it. Receive it! Enjoy it!
Find your bliss in the storm.
Click here to submit *your* question for the Dear Maggie Column
Are you sure Sagegoddess.com is a safe/reliable company for perfume purchase, like you trust what’s in that stuff? I’m not too familiar with these types of companies to understand. So it’s like a medicine with energy or those natural scents work for people and different scents affect different people to feel good or even feel bad depending on the match of the person to the energy? I guess even down to smelling coffee like that can make someone feel good or not…so basically all things are energy if it has a scent or a touch to it, do I have it right?
I trust it. Of course, we all have different bodies so we have to feel what is right for us. Listen to our intuition. But on an energy-level, it feels right. (Sage Goddess does give you the ingredients of her perfume potions as well.)
Okay, so we’re getting deep here. How far down the rabbit hold you wanted to go? The genie cannot be put back into the bottle. Teehee. 😉
Energy works on so many levels for so many people in many varying ways. All people receive its most pure & powerful form in the version of Love/Light. Universal life force energy aka Love is available to everyone. You can get certified in energy healing to open up at a deeper level or you can simply do it on your own in ways you’d like.
Scents go beyond our logical selves. Scents tap into our cellular memory, as well as into that ancient part of ourselves thousands of years old. They have a magical effect. Over time we have designated certain scents with certain memories. If you experienced something traumatic with the smell of coffee, you might hate that smell and feel awful whenever you smell it. Or if you experienced bliss, same thing. Now you can do the work behind the smell to make certain good smells conjure up good feelings. By meditating, talking about your issue, energy work, etc. Your soul always knows the truth.
For Sage Goddess’ perfumes, her intention while making them is unique and can be called a “magical potion” or “ritual potion”. Energy is energy. Sometimes the perfume has its most powerful effect when you attach it to a ritual of sorts. For me, I wear her different designated scents for her full moon meditations and I also wear one more often in particular because I like the scent. It is pleasing to me. Many people have commented on it as well. Although each scent has an intention, you can diminish that intention with your own beliefs or enhance it as well. In the end it’s all about intention. Energy goes where attention flows.
Same with sound. Sound/music takes us to places we might not have gone as easily without it and without even thinking about a memory we are made to feel a certain way.
And again visually. Art work and other works that have been deemed “energy art work” that bring about a feeling as well.
For many, energy healing has powerful affects. But I’ve come across the strong skeptics who only felt what they feel (believe) they would have felt (which is usually not much). Though the seed has been planted, they remain a skeptic due to their limited beliefs. Whatever we believe will be so. If you believe it’s fake, the Universe obliges by giving you evidence it is fake. If you believe it is real, you will receive that evidence. I don’t know about you, but I prefer to live in a magickal word filled with wonder, mystery and spiritual connection. And because of that I receive that. It is law. The law of attraction. So much fun!
So everything is energy manifested. You. Me. Plants. Animals. Houses, cars, computers, etc. I like to tell my clients to do a simple test of the universe. Send out a request for something and see how it comes back to you. I did this with purple flowers and saw it everywhere. In books and people talking about them. But I wanted something tangible, so added on to my request to make it real to me. Real purple flowers. That day I came home and my sister decided on a whim to buy me a bundle of flowers in all varying colors of purple!!!
Hope this helps!
Yoga Pose of the Month
Sun Salutation B
Sanskrit: Surya Namaskar B
Photo of Maggie Anderson taken by Maggie Anderson
The Sun Salutation B sequence is built off of the traditional Sun Salutation A sequence, the most common and widely used Vinyasa out there today. (Click on the image to the right to see larger in a higher resolution.) Literally translated as “bow to the sun”. This sequence is great if you have low energy or poor circulation. As yoga teachers, we will build off of this sequence into even more dynamic or complex sequences to focus on certain areas of the body for our goals in each individual class.
Even the most experienced Yogi and Yogini have difficulty with some of the poses held in Sun Salutation A or B. You may modify this sequence, for example, by placing the knees down on the mat for Chaturanga and Runners Lunge (low lunge) or skipping Chaturanga completely if you have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. This sequence is great for warming up the entire body, as well as strengthening and stretching. It is recommended to we practice at least six rounds of the Sun Salutation daily, preferably in the morning when we are more energized.
“One of the means of honoring the sun is through the dynamic asana sequence Surya Namaskar (better known as Sun Salutation). The Sanskrit word namaskar stems from namas, which means “to bow to” or “to adore.” (The familiar phrase we use to close our yoga classes, namaste—te means “you”—also comes from this root.) Each Sun Salutation begins and ends with the joined-hands mudra (gesture) touched to the heart. This placement is no accident; only the heart can know the truth.” ~ Yogajournal.com
Directions on how to come into this sequence:
Please, also, click on the image above to follow along visually how to come into this pose. For full text directions read below. Also, click on the individual pose links for a deeper look and direction into each pose:
1. To begin, stand in Tadasana (Mountain Pose) with Anjali Mudra, contemplating the sun or light of awareness in your heart. Distribute your weight evenly over both feet. Establish a slow, steady rhythm for your breath. Find your center.
2. Next, inhale and sweep arms out and up to the side about shoulder height or up by your ears, palms face in, for Utkatasana (Chair).
3. As you exhale, hollow out your belly and fold into Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend), connecting down into the earth. Keep your legs firmly engaged.
4. Inhale and lengthen your spine forward into Ardha Uttanasana (Half Standing Forward Bend). In this pose, the gaze is lifted, the spine is extended, and the fingertips can stay on the floor or rise to the shins.
5. Exhale and step or lightly hop your feet back behind you into Plank Pose. Your hands should be flat on the floor, wrists shoulder-distance apart, and your feet should be at hip distance. Straight line of energy from your head all the way down to your heels. Take a full breath in as you lengthen through your spine.
6. Exhale and lower into Chaturanga Dandasana (Four-Limbed Staff Pose), keeping your legs straight and pushing back into your heels or bringing your knees to the floor. Build heat in the center of your body as you hold this challenging posture.
7. Inhale and carve your chest forward into Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Upward-Facing Dog), directing that energy out from your heart. Pull your shoulders back and open your collarbones. Engage your legs but relax your gluteal muscles.
8. Exhale and roll over the toes, coming into Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose). Ground down through your hands and feet as you lengthen your spine. Remain here for five breaths.
9. Inhaling and step right foot forward in between your hands, turn your back foot flat at an angle towards the top corner of your mat, rise up into Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I), reaching arms to the sky.
10. Exhale, lower hands to the mat and step both feet back behind you into Plank Pose. Your hands should be flat on the floor, wrists shoulder-distance apart, and your feet should be at hip distance. Straight line of energy from your head all the way down to your heels. Take a full breath in as you lengthen through your spine.
11. Exhale and lower into Chaturanga Dandasana (Four-Limbed Staff Pose), keeping your legs straight and pushing back into your heels or bringing your knees to the floor. Build heat in the center of your body as you hold this challenging posture.
12. Inhale and carve your chest forward into Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Upward-Facing Dog), directing that energy out from your heart. Pull your shoulders back and open your collarbones. Engage your legs but relax your gluteal muscles.
13. Exhale and roll over the toes, coming into Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose). Ground down through your hands and feet as you lengthen your spine. Remain here for five breaths.
14. Inhaling and step left foot forward in between your hands, turn your back foot flat at an angle towards the top corner of your mat, rise up into Virabhadrasana I (Warrior I), reaching arms to the sky.
15. Exhale, lower hands to the mat and step both feet back behind you into Plank Pose. Your hands should be flat on the floor, wrists shoulder-distance apart, and your feet should be at hip distance. Straight line of energy from your head all the way down to your heels. Take a full breath in as you lengthen through your spine.
16. Exhale and lower into Chaturanga Dandasana (Four-Limbed Staff Pose), keeping your legs straight and pushing back into your heels or bringing your knees to the floor. Build heat in the center of your body as you hold this challenging posture.
17. Inhale and carve your chest forward into Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Upward-Facing Dog), directing that energy out from your heart. Pull your shoulders back and open your collarbones. Engage your legs but relax your gluteal muscles.
18. Exhale and roll over the toes, coming into Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog Pose). Ground down through your hands and feet as you lengthen your spine. Remain here for five breaths.
19. On an exhale, bend your knees and look between your hands. Then inhale and step or lightly hop your feet between your hands, returning to Ardha Uttanasana (Half Standing Forward Bend).
20. Exhale back to Uttanasana (Forward Fold), surrendering into the fold.
21. Next, inhale and sweep arms out and up to the side about shoulder height or up by your ears, palms face in, for Utkatasana (Chair).
22. Exhale and return to Tadasana (Mountain) with Anjali Mudra, your home base. Remain here for a few breaths, feeling the movement of energy through your body, or continue on to your next salute.
When not to do this sequence or to modify/Contraindications:
Contraindications and modifications for each individual pose within the Sun Salutation B sequence can be found on their individual pose pages (as linked above).
Check out my calendar for group yoga classes dates and time.
Angelic IET Energy Healing Sessions
Date: March 12, 2016
Time: 12p.m. to 2p.m. | $90/hr.
Location: All Things Magickal, Harrisville, RI
Schedule Your Session Today: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reiki II Certification
Date: Feb. 20, 2016
Time: 10a.m. | $250
Location: Maggie’s Bliss Healing Space, Cumberland, RI
RSVP Today: email@example.com
Date: Feb. 21, 2016
Time: 9a.m. | Members Only
Location: Crossfit Lifeblood, Cumberland, RI
More to come in 2016. Keep checking back on my calendar page.
It is my desire and intention always that you take away from my newsletter feelings of empowerment, aliveness, divine connection and peace. May You Always Know the Peace that Dwells Within.
CYT, RMT, IET-MI, CSC, CPLC
Empowering you through Yoga, Healing & Workshops
“Follow Your Bliss. It’s Your Spiritual Compass.”