There is a Light at the end of the Tunnel
Please note that my up-and-coming book, Divine Embrace, explains in detail Kundalini, Ascension and how you can work through your symptoms and more!
Whatever possible symptoms you experience, this is your soul’s way of purging the blockages for your Ascension. In general, eat healthy foods, do some type of exercise or movement of the body daily, drink lots of water, get plenty of sleep, steer clear of stressful situations wherever possible, spend restorative time with the Self in silence and surrender surrender surrender. A daily physical and spiritual practice will assist you in safely obtaining a balanced transcendent awakening. All of my guidelines listed in the first book I wrote: How I Found My True Inner Peace (Book One), are protocols to live by that will assist you on your path within Kundalini Awakening and Self-realization. And in combination with Book one and also Book Two, Divine Embrace, each are dedicated to helping you have a balanced natural awakening.
Some steps I detail in Book One are: Meditation; BREATHING; grounding, such as visualizing yourself being a tree, is very BIG with remaining centered, present and alleviating symptoms as best as possible; stop what you are doing and just BE wherever you are, feel happy now, find things to be grateful for now, forgive yourself and others; as well as move and stretch your body to keep the energy flowing; place your tongue on the roof of your mouth to alleviate headaches and to circulate difficult energy; close your eyes and visualize a peaceful place during tough times and feel the sun’s warm golden rays filling your body and feel the earth feeding your body; eat a balanced healthy diet; everything in moderation and balance; change your thoughts to positive states of being; and shift your consciousness.
To follow is a small detailed list of things that may assist you through your symptoms:
• Let go of attachments. We are too dependant upon others for peace and tranquility to exist in our lives. Release. We seem to release in layers. And a little more gets shaved off the top. More blockages are removed. Something that comes up might come up again in a new way. It is simply allowing you to release slowly and at your pace so you have a balanced awakening. If you removed all of your blockages all at once you might go crazy. It’s like that saying about wishing all the karma upon a person be processed and removed right now all at once. They’d go mad. Take time. It’s a balanced progression to awaken. As much as possible moderation and balance is key for awakening.
• Do the Work. Sometimes when we repress emotions and negative experiences without properly allowing ourselves to process them, feel them, and release them our ascensions symptoms may become more pronounced. We may know if it’s something that is possibly suppressed and we can ask our Angels for help, guidance and to make known to you anything you need to know about this situation. You can also ask for your Angels to assist you in properly working through the anger or whatever emotion you are feeling and transmute it to pure light. They will assist and all you have to do is feel it, surrender to it and let it go. Be present. Then you are not, again, ignoring it and repressing it for it to come up at a later time again! It can be a slow progression for some and fast for others. No way is wrong. All paths lead to the same.
• Surrender. This is one of the most important tips to remember. Surrender is the only thing that will lead to liberation and not trying to “clean up” these misinformed thoughts. What you resist persists. Surrender with gratitude to God/Goddess/ The Creator/The Divine/your Higher Self all that you believe in. Surrender is giving up control. We must realize that we no longer need control nor have we ever had control. That is an illusion. That is ego. Let go and let the Divine takes care of things. The more we let go and trust, the more peaceful and blissful we feel. We can never know the whole story anyway. So it is always all Divine.
Surrender is the final step to self-realization. You’ll notice that surrender is the final step to manifestation because you MUST give it up to the Divine. It must be forgotten and released aka surrendered. Total surrender means leaving ALL desires up to the Divine God/Goddess. As you awaken and realize in its entirety all desires are desireless. Nothing is wished for but all is realized. All drama falls away. You surrender and know that all is divine. You know your life is taken care of.
We have many many many attachments in our lives. Release the attachments of material possessions to jobs, beliefs, behaviors, drama, your story, emotions, friends, family, kids, the cat, the dog, and the list goes on. We must release ALL attachments. We must surrender it ALL to the Divine. Kundalini is impeded in its assistance to your awakening (ascension) process. Attachments are blockages that the Kundalini will need to assist you in working through. Kundalini or the Divine will bring up life experiences to help you shed those attachments once and for all. This is a progression throughout your entire life for many of us. Let go of those material items you treasure so dearly (like the house, the car, the clothes and the fancy new item you just have to have). Let go of the need for any possessions and trust you are taken care of by the divine. Surrender. Let go of your attachments to your job. It is a job you will not have once you cross over. Like everything else it, too, falls away. The only thing you take with you is yourself. Your Beingness. So work on a beautiful Beingness and release all of your attachments. What will your beliefs or behaviors serve you when you are in the radiant glow of Divine Love? These can fall away. Release them. Let go of your need for drama in your life. Let go of your story. You are not your story. You are Divine! Worry and fear are not surrender. These emotions are attachments to separation. Instead be free. Let go of worry and fear. Release your hold on your family, friends and children. Surrender and know they, too, are being taken care of just fine. If they leave you, that is Divine. They will be just fine wherever they are whether it’s across the country or across dimensions. And since we are all connected anyway, it is not something to fret over. You will all be together always. Trust in the path. Trust in their path wherever the Divine takes them. Trust in their Divine expression and allow it to be there for them. Trust in your own expression and release all your attachments. Enjoy people, places and things while they last while maintaining no attachment to it. A challenge to say the least! J
Trust the Divine. Take the time to clear the flow of energy in your Being. Take time each day to allow your true self to emerge and rest. Breathe deeply into your soul and connect with the Divine. Find the center of your heart and learn to turn your “problems” over to Divinity with complete trust and no expectations. Doing this has a nice side effect of clarity of purpose, passion for living, and a joyful heart everyday. We only need to ask to set it into motion.
Release the pent up fear emotions of anger, loneliness, sadness, jealousy, hatred, unforgiveness, and the list goes on. As your Kundalini awakens, more “stuff” will come up. Your “Shadow” will appear and you can face the “Shadow”. Shine your light and love on the Shadow and watch it meld into light. It is your job to allow this to flow through you and release it. Don’t resist it. Just allow it to be. Be in these emotions and realize that the so called negative ones are a mirror of something within you that you are now ready to face and release. Suddenly you realize these feelings go away faster and more peace than you can imagine remains. Some fun things you can do for anger are to scream into a pillow, a noisy place or a far-off place where no one can hear you. If I can’t run out of a room, I might visualize myself screaming at the top of my lungs and somewhere inside I’ve felt a release and even laugh to myself. Visualizations can be very powerful. Grounding, Yoga and exercise of any form are great outlets, but whatever works well for you is going to feel the best. You will be drawn to wonderful ways of releasing. Go with the ones that feel the best.
I have been reminded by many energy specialists to never use forms of releasing negative emotions on food. This is the only outlet that requires anything but anger and negative emotion. If you use this with food, you are feeding poison to your body and to those you love that will eat the food you prepared. Care for your food and release those emotions in other creative ways, like writing, singing, making a new creation, etc.
So instead allow the negative emotion to exist. Let’s say it is worry. Allow the worry to be there. Just simply be there as the witness to this emotion. No judgment is here with this emotion. Don’t even perceive the emotion as negative. And lastly surrender any guilt that comes up about even being in this worry state. As you watch a shift will occur. Watch it dissipate. A new emotion that was underneath the worry may come up as well. Simply remain the witness. Let if flow and see if anything reveals itself. See if you can feel the worry in your body and explore this. Invite the emotion to communicate itself to you and ask if it has any messages for you. As you allow the emotion to be and gain insights from it, you are surrendering and not resisting the process. You are going with it and, also, it will not then lodge itself into your physical body and manifest into physical issue. As you come to a close with this mini-meditation exercise of getting to know yourself, your emotions and the act of surrender, simply let it go. Breathe deeply.
A great way to surrender and not allow the negative issues around you to affect you is the art I’ve already expressed earlier in this book and that is to become transparent to them. Eckhart Tolle talks about this in his book A New Earth Instead of resisting and being a wall, be transparent and let the negative energy (i.e. food cravings) flow through you. Breathe in and out. Be aware of the breath. Be with the negative energy or craving and allow it to be there. Feel what it feels like completely. See what is there. Then let it flow out naturally. As this happens, more and more you will realize the negative energy that was there is gone or you no longer crave food in an unhealthy way. Balance remains and a new purpose or way of living arises.
This entire book offers methods to clear your blockages, to surrender all attachments and come into your authentic Divine Light Self. Remember, surrender it all to the Divine and get grounded. If you allow pent up emotions to remain within, you will cause undo stress in your body. You are resisting a natural process and your body will show physical manifestations of those pent up issues. So as they come up within you, allow the space to release them. As you do this in the moment it will flow smoother and you will feel better. Stay grounded as much as possible. As you are grounded you are very much in the moment. You are not fretting over the past or worrying about the future. You are living in the bliss of the present moment.
• Visualizations. This is huge for me. I’m a very visual person so when I visualize something it becomes more powerful for me. The energy being released to my body and the Universe is enhanced with visualizations. For example, if you find that you are heating up too much in your body you can visualize yourself cooling down. Gopi Krishna in his book, Living with Kundalini, speaks about how he was feeling too hot to the boiling point and in extreme pain. He finally remembered that our Lunar/Feminine side and cooling side is the left side of our body and our Solar/Masculine side is the right side of our body. He realized he had only woken the right side and caused too much heat to rise without balance. So he decided to visualize icy energy flow up from his left side to balance out the heat. In just a few minutes his visualization calmed the boiling energy and relief began to finally be felt by Gopi Krishna. So we can do the opposite when we are icy cold from Kundalini. We can use the power of visualizations for many of the symptoms to bring forth balance in the body and soothing the Kundalini symptoms. Give it a shot! 🙂
• Daily Practice – Your Daily Divine Connection. You can choose to do a practice every day to raise your vibrations as well as assist in raising the planets frequencies. In doing something everyday you align yourself within and remind yourself that you are a divine being of love and light. In that reminder you ARE there and you raise your vibration more and more. Not to mention the peace that is felt from being in your true state, always! Detailed in Book Two, Divine Embrace, is my strong recommendation for a daily inner and outward practice that allows for a natural awakening. This may support us in moving through each of our symptoms in a smooth and natural way.
We can take one or even many breaks in our day for connecting to the divine! We must take the time we need for ourselves daily so that we don’t slip back into ego, as it serves as a reminder of who we truly are. A daily spiritual practice will get us closer to the Divine until we are simply Being the God vibration of Oneness. Again, after a time, you may no longer need a set practice as you are simply living Oneness 24/7. And you may choose to still have a practice as your expression of pure Source energy.
Not only do I strongly suggest a daily spiritually devoted practice but I also recommend taking mini-breaks throughout the day to remind you of your Divine-ness. Grounding and centering many times a day keeps you connected and able to handle the day with grace while simultaneously allowing the Kundalini process to happen within you gently and naturally.
I realized that the intentional daily breaks I give myself every day is crucial for me to get out of my “mind” and into my heart of being. I know that you will feel it too. Take a few minutes and be with yourself, in room or outside. A choice here is to close your eyes and feel the energy within yourself and around yourself. These moments are crucial to my daily routine to remember the “thinking” is not necessary as it only leads to more thinking and fears. And when I just FEEL and be open I feel wonderful and just BE. It’s freeing and peaceful and energizing. I hope you can do this once to twice a day! Stretch, breathe, feel and be. J Gentle reminders throughout the day even without a dedicated practice can still happen when you don’t have time for meditation or any of the exercises I give you in this book.
• Eating. If you find that your symptoms are getting to be too much too fast, and you’ve decided somewhere along your practice to go vegan, you may choose to eat meat again. This assists your body with grounding the energies better and can smooth out the symptoms. Also, Gopi Krishna has found and detailed in his book, Living with Kundalini, that always keeping your belly full is a good practice; by simply eating smaller meals every 2-3 hours is best for the Kundalite. There are several other experiences in his book that may assist in your process as well. This is a great book to have in your library.
• Breathing. Also, a Yoga breathing technique that I’ve spoken about at length in Book One, How I Found My True Inner Peace, is important to note here in this section. Alternate nostril breathing is said to relieve heat and cold symptoms. It is much easier to do this while watching another guiding you. Your hand is held in front of your nose, you will alternate your thumb and pinky finger to block one nostril at a time. Each inhale and exhale is done slowly to the count of four. If desiring a cooling affect, block your right nostril first and breathe in through your left nostril (to the count of 1, 2, 3, 4). Then block your left nostril and breathe out through your right nostril (1, 2, 3, 4). Then block the left nostril and breathe out through the right nostril (1, 2, 3, 4). Leaving your left nostril blocked, breathe in through the right nostril (1, 2, 3, 4). Block the right nostril and breathe out through the left nostril (1, 2, 3, 4). Repeat the cycle of alternate-nostril breathing a few times and end the cycle with an exhale through the left nostril. For a warming effect, begin your first inhale through the right nostril and finish the cycle by exhaling through your right nostril.
• Communicate with Shakti and make a schedule. Another option is to talk with your Kundalini Shakti and make “It” aware that you are aware and would very much so like it if the symptoms of Kundalini be held for a particular time during the day when you are not busy or in unsafe situations (such as driving). Ask that, if at all possible, if this must occur to have it occur at opportune times that you are readily prepared for it (say when you prepare to meditate before or after a day of working), so that you can handle it in spurts. Make a vow that you will take at least 15-60 minutes a day to meditate and focus on the Self awareness and allow whatever to come to come and be released during that time. Be present and listen to the body and the inner stillness. During this time you may find part of it is best spent practicing yoga or some type of mind awareness movements. This prepares the body for meditation and release. The Five Tibetans are one such movement offerings I do daily. Type in ‘Five Tibetans’ in an online search engine to read more about this Fountain of Youth process and see if it resonates with you. You will also find that if you create a sacred space in your home, even a corner, that you dedicate to just this practice it will be that much stronger every time you go. If you stick to your end of the bargain Kundalini may do its best to do the same. However, it may still occur outside these constraints as Kundalini Shakti will do whatever it needs to do for each of us on an individual basis and It decides if you are to receive more or less depending upon your own Life Blueprint, Karma and previous life work. Do, also, ask for Divine assistance as well (i.e. Angels, your Higher Self, Divine Mother Goddess, etc.) and you will receive what you are meant to.
• Listen to your Intuition. There has been much success for those people with Kundalini Awakening symptoms that have actually listened to the messages from their body. We must listen to the subtle messages our body and inner guidance is telling us. Following the guidance of our intuition and listening to our body provides relief and balance in our lives. The messages are there, we just have to listen and take the action steps.
As a dietary example, if you are craving more meat, it could be a message that your body is telling you it requires more protein in order to produce of more potent prana. When you are going through a highly spiritual encounter or experience you will require more prana. We gain prana through our food, the Sun and the air we breathe. Simply going for a nature walk will revitalize your system and alleviate symptoms. What’s a misconception of Kundalini awakened or spiritual people is that to be spiritual you must be a vegetarian. This is not actually true. Sometimes, depending upon your unique body, you may be depriving your body of nutrition by turning vegan. Some have tried and had to go back to eating meat because their body actually suffered from the change. Again, seek this out only if it feels right for you and do it wisely. Seek out a doctor or nutritionist for helpful advice and guidance.
If you are feeling eating smaller meals every 2-3 hours is going to help you (even temporarily) then listen and take action from that guidance. Many Kundalini awakened people find that eating highly nutritious foods every 2–3 hours is key to coping with Kundalini activity. Each of us will be pulled differently at different times. None of us will be exactly the same, so listen to your inner guidance. Only you can know for sure.
• More success through our symptoms may be had with Chakra balancing and Qi Gong. However, be careful, sometimes the very thing that assisted you in smoothing out your symptoms before can occasionally turn around and aggravate your symptoms further along, especially when working with energy. Listen to your intuition always.
There are many guided Chakra meditations that you can use, including the one I have created for Book Two, Divine Embrace, and is called Divine Embrace Chakra Awakening Meditation (available for purchase). We can do Chakra clearings as guided visualizations anytime throughout the day that can happen in mere minutes or seconds if we have no time.
A Qi Gong variation to balance your aura and Chakras is to practice hand sweeps to quickly clear and balance our Chakras: Use the energy within your hands and start from your Crown visualizing energy emanating from your hands even into an energy ball. Take this energy around to the front of your body down to your root Chakra and visualize/feel it flowing under and around to your back and up to the Crown. Do this three to nine times to enhance and build your energy up while using your intention that this energy is clearing, cleansing and balancing your aura and Chakras. When you are finished, take deep cleansing breaths. Feel your cleansed system. This is a spin off of Qi Gong techniques. As your Chakras are balanced, you should feel much more balanced and connected.
• Grounding. A main exercise to relieve symptoms is to Ground yourself many times a day. Grounding can really help release that extra energy in good ways. Walking is one of the best ways to ground! Remember, what you focus on expands. Try not to focus but just release. I like to use hand motions to push things into the Earth (when I remember) or at least visualizations if I’m not in a private setting. Using this same process you can, by intention, send this pain or energy you are feeling down into Mother Earth. Try using a hand motion to send it down, breathe in deep and then out in one fast exhausting breath and release. The breathing exercise is a Shamanic breathing technique and very effective. As you do this it disperses to the Earth. This can either balance out in your body, or dissipates completely or in part.
Another grounding exercise, which you can do with the above exercise or by itself, is to send the energy or painful symptom up by an energy intention that burst upwards and out your Crown Chakra to the “Heavens”. Try to gather the energy in your center channel and flow it up the spine and out your Crown Chakra. The Shakti is carrying up and out these blockages from the body. Symptoms of pressure may be released. An addition to this exercise is to visualize the lotus at your Crown Chakra opening up. This starts to alleviate more pressure out the crown, so that you are fully balanced as you release from the first exercise in combination with this exercise. It has been said that symptoms of vertigo and migraines are energy getting stuck in your head. So by opening up your Crown Chakra you alleviate the stress in your head by allow the energy to flow out. It has been noted that some feel relief from this exercise. Do try to see what works best for you.
However, in any grounding exercise you are balancing both to Mother Earth and to Father Sky and Sun. So most visualizations you will find out there (mine included) will have you visualize yourself grounded to the Earth and to the Sky. Keep these two balanced. I usually do my visualizations with synchronized breathing as it assists me in doing it efficiently and adds more to the effect. Grounding and Chakra balancing are so imperative for the overall symptoms to feel more balanced to your body, mind and soul. See chapter 2 for more grounding techniques.
Any grounding exercise may or may not work completely every time or for all the symptoms you may have. However, remember to surrender all to the Divine. Remember it is all a part of the process and you will get through it. You are unique and will process this in your own way. But you are never alone and you will be assisted as you ask. (Go back to Book One, How I Found My True Inner Peace, for more in-depth ways to ground.)
Overall, our symptoms are ones that will pass with time. A full surrender is the ultimate request of the Shakti within. Just allow it to be. You may first want to go to the doctors and make sure it is not a physical issue. Then a full surrender will truly allow the energy to work its magic in the divine way it is meant to for you. We each will experience this Kundalini awakening uniquely.
Please note that many do not experience the spiritual realizations until months or even years after they’ve experienced some of these symptoms I explain here. Also, know that it is sometimes only when a person finds out that these are normal Kundalini awakening symptoms that their fears finally calm down a bit. Some people might think they are going crazy, but they are not. And reading this may help you to understand it is a completely normal ascension process to experience what you are experiencing. It is through surrender that all is realized. So surrender to the Divine.